Phyllo is a very common pastry used in Middle Eastern and Greek food . It is a thinly rolled out pastry which is used in a variety of dishes both savoury and sweet.
Phyllo pastry cut into strips of 2″x10″ – 15 nos
Mushrooms ( chopped) – 100gm
Goat Cheese/ Feta – 100gm
garlic (chopped)- 1 tbsp
butter – 1 tbsp
- Heat butter in a pan and saute garlic and parsley. Then add the mushrooms and once its cooked add the spinach. take it off the heat once the spinach is cooked .
2. Once it has cooled down add the cheese and mix it together.
3. Take one spoonful of this mixture and place it on one end of the strip.
4. Roll it in the shape of a triangle .
5. use water to seal the triangle.
6. place them on a baking tray and apply egg wash on it with a brush.
7. Bake it in the oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
Be gentle with the pastry because it’s very thin and might tear easily.
Make sure the mushrooms and spinach are sautéed well because and exess moisture will make make the stuffing runny and the stuffing will flow out during baking.