Bean sprouts are a common ingredient across the world. They are particularly common in Eastern Asian cuisine, made from sprouting beans. They can be used in soups, salads Appetizers , etc . In this recipe i have used it as the main ingredient for the filling of the spring rolls.
Spring roll sheets( available in most supermarkets)- 10 nos
Chopped garlic – 2 tbsp
Chopped ginger – 2 tbsp
Onion (thinly sliced)- 1 onion
Cabbage (thinly sliced)- 100 gms
chopped Spring onions – 10 nos
bean sprouts – 150 gms
chilli garlic sauce/ schezwan sauce – 2 tbsp
soy sauce – 20ml
salt – to taste
- Heat some oil in a pan and saute the chopped ginger and garlic.
- Add the onion , once it begins to sweat add the cabbage and saute it
- add the schezwan sauce and soy sauce .
- cook until the mixture becomes dry
- add the bean sprouts and cook for one minute . Add the spring onions and take it off the flame and cool it down.
- Once it has cooled down place some filling on one end of the spring roll sheet
- Fold both sides towards the center.
- Roll to make a cylinder and seal the edges with egg or corn flour mixed in water.
- Deep fry till golden brown
- . serve hot with Sweet Chilli Peanut Sauce.
Make sure the filling is dry and not soggy
The oil has to be hot otherwise it will absorb a lot of oil.
make sure that the roll is sealed properly before frying.
The ideal temperature for deep frying is 350 Fahrenheit . It is very important that this temperature is maintained for better results. I would highly recommend that you get a Heavy duty cooking oil Thermometer . check out the link below